Rain Forest Defence Foundation places a high priority on protecting your privacy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We collect and receive information about you in a few different ways:
Information you give us. You can give us information directly. For example:
- When you contact us, for instance by email or filling out a form on our website, you may give us information such as your name, telephone number, email address, physical address, and other demographic information;
- When you donate funds online, you give us your billing information, which may include your credit card data; or
- When you otherwise contact us, for instance through social media.
- When you send us a check or make a donation by phone, we keep a record of the donation; or
- When you meet with us in person at events or meetings, we may collect or process information about you for fundraising purposes.
Farmers and certification clients
- Participants in Rain Forest Defence FoundationSustainable Agriculture Standard certification scheme, the UTZ Certification program, other certification programs or assurance programs, provide data to us through the auditing or review process, either directly or through a certification body, through our traceability tools, including Marketplace, and through the trademark or label approval process.
Others who contract or partner with us
- When you contract with us, receive a grant from us, make a grant to us or participate in trainings.
Information we process about you may include the following list of data elements:
- Contact details including: your name; home and business addresses; email addresses; phone numbers; facsimile number; instant messaging contact; or any other details contained in a signature.
- Education and professional qualifications and professional and employment information including: degrees and schooling information; licenses and professional memberships; occupation or title; and service fees or other compensation.
- Payment processing related information including: bank account number; taxpayer identification number or social security number; digitized or electronic signature; location; and credit card information.
- Personal characteristics including: age; date of birth; gender; marital status; nationality; leisure and interests; and photographs, videos and audio recordings.
- Other information: In addition to the above, we may collect further information for specific purposes. If we apply for a visa on your behalf we may collect passport information. If you make a large donation to us, we may conduct a criminal or background check for due diligence purposes. We may collect information about consumer products purchased in relation to our special events. We may collect income or salary information for special events and fundraising purposes or for purposes related to research and evaluation of our programs. When we publish editorial content about or conduct research and evaluation on our programs we may collect information about an individual’s economic, familial, cultural or social identity.
When you use our websites, we may collect information, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (the unique address of your computer which makes it possible to recognize your computer), type of browser, domain names, time of access and the pages that you visit.
- Log information. This is information that is automatically collected and stored when you use our Services or the websites and apps of our business partners and affiliates. It may include, for example:
- Information about your interactions with the websites, apps, and other services you use, the content you view, the search queries you submit, and information in cookies and similar technologies; and
- Information about how you access those websites, apps, and other services, your browser or operating system, your IP address, and the website you visited before visiting our Services.
- Device information. This is information we automatically collect and store about the device you use when you access our Services. Device information includes, for example, the type of device that you are using, and certain device identifiers which may be unique to your device.
- Location information. This information can include, for example, information about your location derived from your IP address if you are on a computer, or your mobile device’s more precise geolocation information.
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is sent. If you wish to disable cookies, please refer to your browser’s help section. Please note that you may need to take additional steps beyond changing your browser settings to refuse or disable cookies and similar technologies.